Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Miles Fidelman <mf...@meetinghouse.net> on 2012/02/23 03:10:26 UTC

Hybrid HTML5 WebApp / CouchApp - guidance sought

Hi Folks,

I'm looking at building a data management application that's essentially
a hybrid of an HTML5 WebApp (taking advantage of the App Cache and local
data storage for disconnected operation) and a CouchApp (doing fancier
stuff, data sharing, replication, etc. on one or more server-side
CouchDB installations).  If you think of a collection of linked
spreadsheets - where each spreadsheet "lives" in CouchDB, but can be
cached, viewed, and edited in-browser when disconnected - you won't be
far off.

My questions:  Are there any good examples of applications that are
already doing this kind of thing?  Are there any good frameworks or
libraries that I should be focusing on?

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman

Re: Hybrid HTML5 WebApp / CouchApp - guidance sought

Posted by Luscus Readbeard <lu...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Gregor,

I would love to get some ideas about authentication and node.js...
I am new to all the stuff (CouchDB, node.js, node.couch.js for
something like triggers using _changes).

I was looking at a row of CouchDB plugins for authentication (open-id,
browser-id,...) but didn't try them yet - I have still some data to
crunch about the basics.

Why did you chose a node.js based way?

Cheers,

Yann