Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2017/03/10 22:31:44 UTC

[VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.2.5 is available

The first release candidate for HBase 1.2.5 is available for download at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.2.5RC0/

Maven artifacts are also available in a staging repository at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1164/

Artifacts are signed with my key (0D80DB7C) published in our KEYS
file at http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

The RC corresponds to the signed tag 1.2.5RC0, which currently points
to commit ref

d7b05f79dee10e0ada614765bb354b93d615a157

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.2.4 has been
published for your review, at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.2.5RC0/1.2.4_1.2.5RC0_compat_report.html

Note that this report calls out the issue discussed in HBASE-17725.

HBase 1.2.5 is the fifth maintenance release in the HBase 1.2 line,
continuing on
the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and NoSQL
communities. This release includes over 50 bug fixes since 1.2.4.
Critical fixes include:

* HBASE-17069 RegionServer writes invalid META entries for split
daughters in some circumstances
* HBASE-17044 Fix merge failed before creating merged region leaves
meta inconsistent
* HBASE-17206 FSHLog may roll a new writer successfully with unflushed entries
* HBASE-16765 New SteppingRegionSplitPolicy, avoid too aggressive
spread of regions for small tables.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12338339&projectId=12310753

and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Please try out this candidate and vote +1/-1 on whether we should
release these artifacts as HBase 1.2.5.

The VOTE will remain open for atleast 72 hours. Given sufficient votes
I would like to close it on March 17th, 2017.

thanks!

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.2.5 is available

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.
I do. :)

--
Sean

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.2.5 is available

Posted by Jerry He <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jerry!

--
Sean

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.2.5 is available

Posted by Jerry He <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thanks Josh. Appreciate the release vote, let's do this again. :-)

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
Hi Josh!

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.