Posted to user@ant.apache.org by re...@yahoo.com on 2008/11/19 05:42:52 UTC

how to make replace task not expand Java properties like ${user.home}

Hi.  I'm writing an ant task to replace

APPBASE

with

${user.home}/public_html

The command

<replace file="server.xml" token="APPBASE" value="${user.home}/public_html"/>

does replaces APPBASE, but it expands ${user.home}.  I don't want it to expand this variable as I will be copying server.xml to another location, and the expanded value of the Java property is different.

(BTW, I'm creating several different server.xml, and each one has a totally different value for APPBASE.)

So I tried

<replace file="server.xml" token="APPBASE" value="\$\{user.home\}/public_html"/>

but the output is has the back slashes in it.

Thanks.

AW: how to make replace task not expand Java properties like ${user.home}

Posted by "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Ju...@icongmbh.de>.
Never did this, but I would try sth like:

<property name="setuser.home" value="{user.home}"
<replace file="server.xml" token="APPBASE" value="$${setuser.home}/public_html"/>

--
Jürgen Knuplesch

RE: how to make replace task not expand Java properties like ${user.home}

Posted by Harnack Frank <Fr...@bitmarck.de>.
Hello,
try $${user.home}/public_html !

Regards