Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lists <Li...@ardsley.com> on 2002/07/29 18:56:04 UTC

Compiling http2.0.39 on Sparc/Solaris 8 update

Just an FYI -
My attempts to install were blowing up while running ./configure.. looked like this:

<snip>
Configuring APR library
Platform: sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
configure failed for srclib/apr

After a couple days of banging my head on it, I called in reinforcements - our friendly neighborhood super Solaris guru.. He figured out that the C header files were, well, missing and/or misconfigured... Not sure how this happened.. but we're busy installing stuff from the CD's to get our environment in-line. I can ge through the ./configure now, but am breaking during the "make".. so we stil have work to do.
Just wanted to post this up in case it might help anyone in a similar circumstance.

Thanks,

Joe

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

mod_isapi Config Help

Posted by Steve Parrish <St...@NetWorldSystems.com>.
I have an ISAPI extention 'abc.dll' located in the /Apache2/abc
directory. I want to configure Apache2 to have abc.dll handle any
request for a file ending with .abc.

I visited several manual pages (including
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_isapi.html>) for
instructions.

I've added the following to my httpd.conf:

<DIrectory "/Apache2/abc">
     Options ExecCGI
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

AddHandler isapi-isa .dll
ISAPICacheFile c:/apache2/abc/abc.dll

AddHandler abc-file .abc
Action abc-file c:/Apache2/abc/abc.dll

AddType text/html .abc

I get a 400 error when requesting '/index.abc'. It is possible that
abc.dll won't work, even if configured properly.

I'm using WinXP Pro & Apache 2.0.39. Nothing in the Event viewer log.
The Apache error log indicates:
Invalid URI in request GET /index.abc HTTP/1.1

I haven't completely grasped Apache2 configuration yet. Could someone
please give me a little help? I need to verify the correct Apache2
configuration, regardless of the dll's behavior.

Thanks,

Steve Parrish
--
<ma...@NetWorldSystems.com>

Re: Compiling http2.0.39 on Sparc/Solaris 8 update

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
great, thanks for the update..

cheers,
andy

> Thanks,
>
> Joe

confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail,
and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in
error,
please immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of
any e-mail
and any printout thereof.