Posted to commits@openjpa.apache.org by pp...@apache.org on 2010/05/27 19:42:35 UTC

svn commit: r948926 - in /openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images: add-to-cart.gif checkout.gif login.gif orders.gif search.gif

Author: ppoddar
Date: Thu May 27 17:42:34 2010
New Revision: 948926

Log:
Graphic buttons

Added:
    openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/add-to-cart.gif   (with props)
    openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/checkout.gif   (with props)
    openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/login.gif   (with props)
    openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/orders.gif   (with props)
    openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/search.gif   (with props)

Added: openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/add-to-cart.gif
Binary file - no diff available.

Propchange: openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/add-to-cart.gif
    svn:mime-type = image/gif

Added: openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/checkout.gif
Binary file - no diff available.

Propchange: openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/checkout.gif
    svn:mime-type = image/gif

Added: openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/login.gif
Binary file - no diff available.

Propchange: openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/login.gif
    svn:mime-type = image/gif

Added: openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/orders.gif
Binary file - no diff available.

Propchange: openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/orders.gif
    svn:mime-type = image/gif

Added: openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/search.gif
Binary file - no diff available.

Propchange: openjpa/trunk/openjpa-examples/openbooks/src/main/resources/images/search.gif
    svn:mime-type = image/gif

Re: svn commit: r948926 - OpenBooks images?

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
On Jun 2, 2010, at 2:06 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Well, we did and discovered only by asking that some of the images
> were
> not created by the committer and had unknown licensing, so they had to
> be removed.....

Right, so we (PMC) did our job of oversight and the mistake was
corrected.

> I'm fine with just checking them in, as long as the commit or a dev@
> discussion includes some notice that they are being contributed under
> ASL 2.0, as there is no license header for image files :-)

Right. The rat-excludes file needs to be updated so the files aren't
flagged as "missing license" in future.

Craig

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Hi Donald,

On Jun 2, 2010, at 12:33 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Preferred way to license the image files (and provide such a large
> sample code donation), would be to open a JIRA and attach them with
> the
> "Grant license to ASF for inclusion in ASF works" license option set.

Methinks this is too much extra work. We require JIRA contributions
from non-committers because they're not able to commit themselves. We
require an IP clearance for major contributions just to double check.

But a couple dozen images that a committer says he created himself?
Let the commit record speak for itself.

Craig

> -Donald
>

> On 6/2/10 12:17 PM, Michael Dick wrote:
>> Hi Pinaki,
>>
>> I'm not sure how to grant the license for an image file, but the
>> images in
>> this commit look very familiar to me. I think we need to pull them
>> from SVN
>> until properly licensed replacements are available.
>>
>> -mike
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Pinaki Poddar <pp...@us.ibm.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> That's in my to-do list.
>>> Few of these images I have generated and I am planning to do the
>>> same for
>>> the rest.
>>> How to donate/grant license to a image file?
>>>
>>> Regards --
>>>
>>> Pinaki Poddar                           http://ppoddar.blogspot.com/
>>> Apache OpenJPA PMC           http://openjpa.apache.org/
>>> JPA Expert Group Member
>>> Application & Integration Middleware
>>>

>>> Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>
>>> 06/01/2010 09:32 PM
>>> Please respond to
>>> private@openjpa.apache.org

>>> dev@openjpa.apache.org
>>> cc
>>> private@openjpa.apache.org

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pinaki,

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Hi Pinaki,

On Jun 2, 2010, at 7:10 AM, Pinaki Poddar wrote:

> That's in my to-do list.
> Few of these images I have generated and I am planning to do the
> same for
> the rest.
> How to donate/grant license to a image file?

Remove any images that you did not create. The images that you did
create simply stay in the repository. Your ICLA covers the images that
you created.

Craig

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@us.ibm.com>.
That's in my to-do list.