Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marius Scurtescu <ma...@sxip.com> on 2005/05/23 18:13:53 UTC

shared install under Linux

Hi,

Could anyone share some advice on how to install Tomcat on a Linux box
such that it can be shared by several users?

I would imagine that you install Tomcat to a system folder like /usr or
/opt and then users that want to use Tomcat will have configuration
files in their own home folders.

Any advice for a typical Linux install in general (folder layout),
sharing aside?

Thanks,
Marius

Re: shared install under Linux

Posted by Marius Scurtescu <ma...@sxip.com>.
David Smith wrote:
> Sounds like you want to setup multiple TC instances. Try using
> CATALINA_BASE. See this message for more info:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg151971.html

Thanks, this is what I was looking for.

> --David

Marius