Posted to user@drill.apache.org by ja...@accenture.com on 2017/05/30 09:53:58 UTC

Apache Drill takes 5-6 secs in fetching 1000 records from PostgreSQL table

Hi,

I am creating an UNLOGGED table in PostgreSQL and reading it using Apache Drill. Table contains just one column with 1000 UUID entries.
It is taking 5-6 secs for me to read those records.

I am fetching data using below query,

Select uuidColumn from pgPlugin.public.uuidTable

Is there anything that I am missing or any Drill level tweaking is required so that queries can be executed in milli-seconds.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jasbir singh

www.accenture.com

Re: Apache Drill takes 5-6 secs in fetching 1000 records from PostgreSQL table

Posted by rahul challapalli <ch...@gmail.com>.
5-6 seconds is a lot of time for the query and dataset size you mentioned.
Did you check the profile to see where the time is being spent?

Posted by rahul challapalli <ch...@gmail.com>.