Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org> on 2016/04/01 01:11:26 UTC

Are we ready to remove the observer?

Assuming that the vast majority of utility provided by the observer is
sandbox/log browsing - can we remove it and link to sandbox browsing that
mesos provides?

The rest of the information could be (or already is) logged in the sandbox
for the rare debugging scenarios that call for it.

Re: Are we ready to remove the observer?

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

> There is no process to host the observer UI when a task terminates.

Aha, i didn't realize that was in reference to Steve's comment "have the
executor itself host the observer web UI".
I agree, that approach is encumbered for terminal tasks.

Posted by Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Niemitz <sn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zameer Manji <zm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeff Schroeder <je...@computer.org>.
But the executor would still stay around thereby distributing healthchecks,
correct?

--
Text by Jeff, typos by iPhone

Re: Are we ready to remove the observer?

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Erb, Stephan" <St...@blue-yonder.com>.

Posted by Joshua Cohen <jc...@apache.org>.