Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Shabada, Gnaneshwer" <sh...@toysrus.com> on 2005/08/04 18:40:57 UTC

Deploying on Tomcat - Urgent

Hello,
I am trying to deploy my Struts application on Tomcat 5.0.28 on Win2k. I get
the following error on my browser when I try to start up. My application has
tiles in them and I believe I configured everything properly. I was able to
successfully deploy and run the application in Websphere App Server 5.1
through WSAD. But it just doesn't run on Tomcat. I created a WAR file and
dropped it in webapps folder in Tomcat home and tried starting up the
server. I have my server.xml configured too.

Please help.

Thanks
Gnan

exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Can't get definitions factory from context.
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextI
mpl.java:825)
	at
l.java:758)
	at org.apache.jsp.index2_jsp._jspService(index2_jsp.java:72)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
24)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
	at
FilterChain.java:237)
	at
ain.java:157)
	at
org.displaytag.filter.ResponseOverrideFilter.doFilter(ResponseOverrideFilter
.java:114)
root cause
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Can't get definitions factory from context.
	at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.processDefinitionName(InsertTag.jav
a:616)
	at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.createTagHandler(InsertTag.java:515
)
	at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.doStartTag(InsertTag.java:477)
	at
org.apache.jsp.index2_jsp._jspx_meth_tiles_insert_0(index2_jsp.java:88)
	at org.apache.jsp.index2_jsp._jspService(index2_jsp.java:62)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
24)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
	at
FilterChain.java:237)
	at
ain.java:157)
	at
org.displaytag.filter.ResponseOverrideFilter.doFilter(ResponseOverrideFilter
.java:114)

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, send
an email to EmailAdmin@toysrus.com.
Toys "R" Us, Inc.

RE: Deploying on Tomcat - Urgent

Posted by al...@t-online.de.
Post your

web.xml file... (you can omit mime defs from it)
and the controller and plugin part of your struts config file

rgds
aleiprecht