Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark F <mf...@knology.net> on 2003/06/06 15:13:17 UTC

Creation of socket by tomcat

Solaris 8
Apache 2.0.46
Tomcat 4.1.24
Mod_jk2 2.0.2

I'm trying to get tomcat to use UNIX socket connection after having given up on JNI.   The configuration seems to be correct and everything is in place the only strange thing is that tomcat does not create the socket.  Anyone know why?  Also, can I help it along somehow by creating the socket for it, or is this the kind of thing that tomcat must learn to do on its own?

-Mark

Re: Creation of socket by tomcat

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
I haven't really played with the UNIX sockets option, but my first guess
would be that the user that Tomcat/Apache are running under doesn't have
permission to create the socket at the configured location.  Posting error
messages from your logs will likely get you a more helpful answer :).