Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Randy Martin <Ra...@ds-iq.com> on 2014/08/21 18:32:41 UTC

Use of column list for Pig Store command

What is the syntax for providing a column list for a Pig STORE command?  This is a feature that our company initiated so that a partial list of columns could be used when doing a STORE.  We are on 4.0.0 incubating and thought the feature was to be implemented, but are getting the error 'At least one column must be provided for upserts' whenever we provide any column list.

Syntax like this was expected: STORE relation INTO 'hbase://SCHEMA.TABLE/primary_key, cf.column1,cf.column2' using org.apache.phoenix.pig.PhoenixHBaseStorage('$zk','-batchSize 5000')

Thanks for your help,
Randy

RE: Use of column list for Pig Store command

Posted by Randy Martin <Ra...@ds-iq.com>.
Ravi/James, thanks for the clarification.

Posted by Ravi Kiran <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Randy,

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ravi Kiran <ma...@gmail.com>.