Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Raghunath Mahakud <ma...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/23 07:09:39 UTC

ruta upgrade 2.x to 3.x version

Hi Team,

I was upgrading uima ruta from the 2.x version to 3.x version.

https://github.com/apache/uima-ruta/releases/tag/rel%2Fruta-3.3.0

But unfortunately entity extraction using ruta is not working at all.

Is there any extra steps need to be done apart from the Jcas classes
creation using uima sdk 3.x

Please help me how to work with the ruta  3.x version.

On further debug i saw Anchors classes are NULL and throwing null pointer
exceptions.

Getting Null pointer exception from the framework side

at
org.apache.uima.ruta.condition.PartOfCondition.check(PartOfCondition.java:80)
~[ruta-core-3.3.0.jar:?]
at
org.apache.uima.ruta.condition.PartOfCondition.eval(PartOfCondition.java:52)
~[ruta-core-3.3.0.jar:?]
at org.apache.uima.ruta.condition.NotCondition.eval(NotCondition.java:37)
~[ruta-core-3.3.0.jar:?]
at org.apache.uima.ruta.condition.AndCondition.eval(AndCondition.java:42)
~[ruta-core-3.3.0.jar:?]
at
org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.RutaRuleElement.doMatch(RutaRuleElement.java:381)
~[ruta-core-3.3.0.jar:?]
at
org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.RutaRuleElement.startMatch(RutaRuleElement.java:81)
~[ruta-core-3.3.0.jar:?]
at
org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.ComposedRuleElement.startMatch(ComposedRuleElement.java:79)
~[ruta-core-3.3.0.jar:?]
at org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.RutaRule.apply(RutaRule.java:72)
~[ruta-core-3.3.0.jar:?]
at org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.RutaRule.apply(RutaRule.java:63)
~[ruta-core-3.3.0.jar:?]
at org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.RutaRule.apply(RutaRule.java:42)
~[ruta-core-3.3.0.jar:?]
at
org.apache.uima.ruta.block.RutaScriptBlock.apply(RutaScriptBlock.java:74)
~[ruta-core-3.3.0.jar:?]
at org.apache.uima.ruta.RutaModule.apply(RutaModule.java:56)
~[ruta-core-3.3.0.jar:?]
Regards,

Raghunath...

Re: ruta upgrade 2.x to 3.x version

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
> On 24. Mar 2023, at 13:29, Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> the NPE should of course not occur, I will open an issue for it.

The issue is here: https://github.com/apache/uima-ruta/issues/129

-- Richard

Re: ruta upgrade 2.x to 3.x version

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

the NPE should of course not occur, I will open an issue for it.

It is a good indicator for the source of your problem, that is an
inconsistent internal ruta indexing.

I heart that you already solved your problem by switching from ADDITIVE
to COMPLETE?

The optimal configuration depends on the overall setup. COMPLETE is a
good choice if there are no runtime performance limitations and/or if
there only a few ruta engines in our pipeline.

Best,

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Klügl