Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Rinehart <da...@neophi.com> on 2002/09/09 21:52:16 UTC

AIX Connector Woes

	After skimming through the archives I see that (very recently)
others have also been having problems getting mod_jk to work under AIX
with Apache 2. Right now I'm loosing a fighting battle with AIX 5.1,
Apache 2.0.40, Tomcat 4.1.10, GCC 3.2, Ant 1.5, make 3.79.1, automake
1.6.2, autoconf 2.53, libtoolize 1.4d, and something else I've
probably forgotten.
	My situation is that everything seems to compile fine, but when I
run a configtest, I get a core dump. Apache 2 compiled mostly fine (minus
a small error with libaprutil) and runs without a problem. Tomcat 4 binary
install also works great and I can hook Apache 1 with mod_jk up to with
without any problems.
	At this point I'm exploring two options:

1) Grab an AIX 5.1, Apache 2, Tomcat 4, mod_jk binary from someone else
(looks like John Turner maybe collecting these, but I didn't see a URL)

2) Work with someone to help figure out where the core dump is coming
from.

	Any further thoughts or advice or pointers would be great,
hopefully hitting my head against the wall over these past fews days
didn't make me miss something.

-- Daniel R. <da...@neophi.com> [http://www.neophi.com/]