Posted to users@camel.apache.org by samslara <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/16 18:02:21 UTC

Sending an exchange into a route mid way

Hello,
  I have a hypothetical question that's been bugging me.  Is it possible to
send an exchange into a route mid way?  So to elaborate I have a route R1
that does something simple like (pseudo camel xml):

<route R1>
  <from F1 />
  <to P1 />
  <to P2 />
  <to P3 />
</route>

Now I have this other route R2 that somewhere down the line (in P4) wants to
send a copy of the message to only the later parts of R1, starting with P2.
                           <route R1>
<route R2>            <from F1 />
  <from F2 />         <to P1 />
  <to P4 />  ---->  <to P2 />
</route>              <to P3 />
                          </route>

R1 is already defined and I can't modify it's structure but I do know of the
structure it has.  R1 is also defined in the same camel context as R2.  I
can, though, modify every part of R2.  Is this possible and if so how can it
be done?

Re: Sending an exchange into a route mid way

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
You could separate route R1 into two smaller routes connected with direct.
Then you could send messages to both smaller routes...

Bilgin