Posted to dev@steve.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2016/03/18 21:07:30 UTC

Post election idea

One thing that the previous STV code had was that if
the code running the election itself was changed, it
invalidated the running election. This was to prevent
someone from changing the software (say, by silently
dropping 'AC' from the counts) during the election
in order to change the election.

Again, there is some limit to how much we can really
do things: even the previous could be circumvented if
one was root after all. But it Good to do what we can,
imho.

Re: Post election idea

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Like I said, there are true limits to what we can do,
but that doesn't mean we don't do what we can.

Re: Post election idea

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.