Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/09 07:14:04 UTC

Buildbot has no archive build for Windows?

Hi all,
I setup several testing machines to do daily build test for daily
builds from buildbot. I found there is no archive package for Windows.
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/win/
But archive package is available for Linux. For example,
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/linux64/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.5.0_Linux_x86-64_install-arc_en-US.tar.gz_2012-10-08_04%3A24%3A58_1395448.tar.gz
Automated testing currently can be executed against for only archive
build, so who can help to copy the windows archive package to
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/win/?
I'll really appreciate it.

--
Best Regards

RE: Buildbot has no archive build for Windows?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

<snip>

> I think it's also a good way to use some testing dedicated machines rather
> than buildbot slavers. We can cover more OSs. If we use buildbot slavers,
we
> only cover 4 OSs.

Minor correction. The ASF has over 30 buildbot slaves covering  at least 9
OS variants including :

Linux32, Linux64, Solaris, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 7, Apple OSX,
OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Fedora .

> With tests become more and more, if we include all tests in buildbot, the
> build period will become very long.

I agree

> Of course, it's more convenient to perform tests with buildbot. I think we
can
> includes part of tests. e.g. build verification test.
> Are these buildbot slavers enabled graphics interface? Some tests need
> access to graphics interface.

Got any package names?

Gav...

Posted by Yan Ji <ya...@gmail.com>.
Can we request several VM to perform automation test?

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Posted by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com>.
2012/10/10 Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>:

> [...]

Yes. You got it.

--
Best Regards

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Posted by Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com>.
I'm a little confused by this thread as I see a whole set of install
bits at http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/install/win/
Am I missing something?

Posted by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com>.

--