Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com> on 2010/11/17 14:08:53 UTC

[site] One-sentence project description

In order to meet the ASF requirements[1] for the Harmony website we
need to have a one-sentence description of the project on our main web
page, the downloads page and in the DOAP file.  It needs to describe
the 'product' itself rather than the community or the project aims.

I haven't spent ages thinking about this but how about something like:

"Apache Harmony software is an independent implementation of Java SE 5
and 6 with a modular runtime architecture."

or to be more general:

"Apache Harmony software consists of a modular Java runtime and class
libraries."

Any thoughts?

Sian

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs#naming

--
Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [site] One-sentence project description

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <AA...@mail.gmail.com>,
Sian January writes:

> Thanks to those who commented.  I have checked this in today for
> in order to get something up there that complies with the ASF
> requirements, but I am happy to update it at a later date if anyone
> wants to discuss the wording further.

Excellent.  Thanks.

> Is there anyone maintaining the Russian site who is able to translate
> this and check it in?  If not, can I suggest we consider removing the
> Russian pages since they are starting to get out of date.

+1.  We should remove them.  If someone steps in to update them then
the old pages will be in svn.  Currently the Russian pages are just
misleading.

-Mark

Posted by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.