Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Nesbitt <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/02 14:59:05 UTC

Cannot find Struts taglib

I am getting the following when I try to use the
taglib:

Servlet failed with Exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.TagUtils.getStack(TagUtils.java:56)
        at
org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.StrutsBodyTagSupport.getStack(StrutsBodyTagSupport.java:51)

Here is my entire Hello.jsp:

   <head>
      <title>Hello World!</title>
   </head>
      <h2><s:property value="message"/></h2>

I tried adding the following to my web.xml even though
it should not be necessary:

<taglib>
 <taglib-uri>/s</taglib-uri>
<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-tags.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

and made sure the file was in my WEB-INF directory.
The page renders without the s:property line.

Any suggestions?  I am using Weblogic 9.2 with
struts-2.0.1.

Thanks for any tips or pointers,

Scott