Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net> on 2004/09/14 06:45:57 UTC

Branching 3.0-stable, starting 3.1-dev, comments?

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 04:33:23PM -0400, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> I think a "final" rc5 today, fork off a 3.0 stable branch/open 3.1
> development, let the rc run for a week, then do the release on the 21st.  +1

We were chatting about this elsewhere, but I wanted to put it up on dev to get
a wider audience.

rc5 was released on Monday.  We've slowly been getting fewer and fewer issues
with the rcs, which is what we wanted, and 3.0.0 is very stable at this
point.

There is a ticket (bug 3773) open about branching off 3.0 (stable) and
thereby starting the 3.1 (devel) cycle.  It has 3 +1s, and was waiting for
the rc5 release to occur.  If anyone is against branching, speak up soon!
We'll probably branch on Tuesday unless there's an issue.

With rc5, the clock has started again -- 1 week with no issues, and we can
consider a release.  The current plan is the 21st for a final release, btw.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I have done more for black people than any other person in the nation,

Re: Branching 3.0-stable, starting 3.1-dev, comments?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 12:45:57AM -0400, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> There is a ticket (bug 3773) open about branching off 3.0 (stable) and
> thereby starting the 3.1 (devel) cycle.  It has 3 +1s, and was waiting for
> the rc5 release to occur.  If anyone is against branching, speak up soon!
> We'll probably branch on Tuesday unless there's an issue.

The branch was created this afternoon!

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/branches/3.0/

That branch is still in R-T-C mode, and is considered "stable".
In theory, it will be released as 3.0.0-final on 9/21.

trunk is now 3.1.0 development and has switched to C-T-R mode.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent