Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Daniel Gavrila <d....@icloud.com> on 2018/01/13 11:19:57 UTC

Status monitoring

Hello,

My environment is:
     C++ Proton v. 0.19
     C++ Broker v.1.37 configured with AMQP 1.0

I have to implement the following use case scenario. The network contains N publishers(sensors) . When one sensor starts it publish to the queue OverviewStatus one message that contains some data: sensor name,type,internal status etc. One GUI program has to display the information from the queue OverviewStatus. Everytime the sensor changes its internal status he needs to update the status in the queue.Before the shutdown , the sensor has to remove its entry from the queue.
If the sensor exits anormaly the event should be catched and the sensor status modified accordingly. By restarting the broker, all the sensors status information should be recovered.

Is it possibly to implement such use case in the above mentioned environment? Any suggestions are welcomed !

Many thanks,
Daniel

Re: Status monitoring

Posted by Daniel Gavrila <d....@icloud.com>.
Hello,

I have a last value queue and I would like to implement  a proton C++ client that read the whole queue in browse mode and exit gracefully. How  can I get the event that there are no more messages in the queue? Is it possible with proton API to get the queue size ?

Best regards,
Daniel

Re: Status monitoring

Posted by Daniel Gavrila <d....@icloud.com>.