Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org> on 2005/05/26 22:30:55 UTC

user_prefs migration script

Hey all,

I was migrating over to SQL, and I've written a script that allows users
to migrate their prefs into (and out of) a SQL database, including some
command line switches for root to be able to migrate all users in at once.
My code's not the cleanest in the world, but I'm trying.

I wrote it as a stub so my existing tools to edit prefs files would still
work.

I don't know if I've duplicated any effort here, but would anyone be
interested in such a script?  Should I submit it as a bug report or just
provide a link?  Do I need to sign away anything if I wanted to
"contribute" it to the actual SA base?

Please let me know.

-Dan Mahoney

(www.gushi.org/updateprefs.pl)

--

"A mother can be an inspiration to her little son, change his thoughts,
his mind, his life, just with her gentle hum."

-No Doubt, "Different People", from "Tragic Kingdom"

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> Hey, posted this a few days ago with some questions.  Did anyone get it or
> is my mailer being stupid?

It showed up.  Guess nobody commented on it, but it sounds like a neat tool
if you are using SQL.

        Loren

Re: user_prefs migration script

Posted by Dan Mahoney <da...@prime.gushi.org>.
On Thu, 26 May 2005, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

Hey, posted this a few days ago with some questions.  Did anyone get it or
is my mailer being stupid?

> Hey all,
>
> I was migrating over to SQL, and I've written a script that allows users to
> migrate their prefs into (and out of) a SQL database, including some command
> line switches for root to be able to migrate all users in at once. My code's
> not the cleanest in the world, but I'm trying.
>
> I wrote it as a stub so my existing tools to edit prefs files would still
> work.
>
> I don't know if I've duplicated any effort here, but would anyone be
> interested in such a script?  Should I submit it as a bug report or just
> provide a link?  Do I need to sign away anything if I wanted to "contribute"
> it to the actual SA base?
>
> Please let me know.
>
> -Dan Mahoney
>
> (www.gushi.org/updateprefs.pl)