Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Martin Ahrer <ma...@gmx.at> on 2007/05/05 13:33:57 UTC

Usage of ${appserver.home} in ~/.m2/archiva.xml

I have successfully deployed the latest archiva code to tomcat. But I'm
probably missing some minor configuration parameters.
~/.m2/archiva.xml is referencing ${appserver.home} which seems not to be a
known property! Also, in my Tomcat folder  a subfolder
${appserver.base}/logs gets created, so there is another property missing.

For this reason I first would like to ask 2 questions:
* What these properties are about, what is  ${appserver.home} meant to be
and what is ${appserver.base} meant to be?
* How can I set these properties (are they system properties)?

Thanks
  Martin

Re: Usage of ${appserver.home} in ~/.m2/archiva.xml

Posted by Martin Ahrer <ma...@gmx.at>.
I have set both properties through CATALINA_OPTS, here is how I start Tomcat
on a win32 machine!

@set CATALINA_OPTS=-Dappserver.home=d:\temp\home
-Dappserver.base=d:\temp\base
@cd d:\temp\apache-tomcat-5.5.23
@mkdir d:\temp\home\
@mkdir d:\temp\base\logs
@d:\temp\apache-tomcat-5.5.23\bin\startup.bat

The appserver.home property is accepted, archiva creates a repository named
"internal" inside this directory. However, the appserver.base is
particularly ignored, the archiva.log file is going to this path BUT still
the TOMCAT_HOME/${appserver.base}\logs folder is created and it contains the
file audit.log

For comparing this I have also deployed continuum and noticed a similar
behaviour, TOMCAT_HOME/${appserver.base}\logs folder is created but stays
empty!

Hope this helps to diagnose and fix! I mean it's not a major issue but
strange!

Thanks
  Martin

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: Usage of ${appserver.home} in ~/.m2/archiva.xml

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Martin Ahrer <ma...@gmx.at>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.