Posted to user@bval.apache.org by Michael Blyakher <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/30 17:02:32 UTC

Validating bean implementing Cloneable

Hi,

Working off of the 1.1.0-alpha branch, I have a bean that implements the
Cloneable interface. When validating the bean, I get a
NullPointerException. The issue seems to be that
JsrMetaBeanFactory#buildMetaBean won't process the class if it is
Cloneable, yet ClassHelper#fillFullClassHierarchyAsList still populates it.

Is that a known bug? If not, I can create a jira issue and upload my test
case and even a patch to fix it if the answer is that
ClassHelper#fillFullClassHierarchyAsList needs to ignore Cloneable as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Validating bean implementing Cloneable

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
I see now; I agree with your assessment of the issue. If you could open a
JIRA issue that'd be great. A failing test case would be better, and a
patch would be better still. :)

Thanks again,
Matt

Posted by Michael Blyakher <mi...@gmail.com>.