Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by ol...@ppi.de on 2003/12/17 14:09:26 UTC

RE: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'temporary'.

Hello Andrew,

I use OJB with Sybase ASE 11.5.

do you use "temporary" as a column / field name?  That
might cause the problem.  In order to find out, please
switch on p6spy and investigate the generated SQL.

> From reading though the support lists I gleaned that this
> could be a problem
> with the OJB database tables.  However,  I noticed the
> following errors when I
> tried to install the tables :

[..]

> [torque-insert-sql] com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException:
> Can't find type 'BIGINT'.

I had the same problem.  I use JDBC type NUMERIC for java
type long, and I use a self-written LongToBigDecimalConversion.

An entry in the repository_user.xml might look like:

<field-descriptor
 conversion="de.ppi.LongToBigDecimalConversion"
 autoincrement="true" primarykey="true"
 sequence-name="global" jdbc-type="NUMERIC"
 column="uid" name="uid"/>

see e.g.
org.apache.ojb.odmg.FieldConversion_4.LongToBigDecimalConversion

> [torque-insert-sql] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE
> ABSTRACT_COLLECTION_CONTAINE
> R ( OBJ_ID INT NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT
> ABSTRACT_COLLECTION_CONTAINER_PK PRIMARY KEY
> (OBJ_ID) )
> [torque-insert-sql] com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException:
> The identifier that s
> tarts with 'ABSTRACT_COLLECTION_CONTAINER_' is too long.
> Maximum length is 30.

this error message is quite explite, isn't it?  You
should shorten the database table name.