Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2002/07/29 23:13:34 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/documentation/content/xdocs live-sites.xml

On Mon, 2002-07-29 at 22:54, Steven Noels wrote:
> Bert Van Kets wrote:
>
> > I will focus now on the skin doc and the integration with the Primer
> > document.
>
> and I'm (slowly) preparing a doc on the Forrest URI namespace, and Marc
> is documenting his forrestbot...
>
> Andy, are you reading this? We are documenting our code as we write :-)

your halfway then =)

nirwana can only be reached when you write documentation before you
write your unit tests. Code, code is optional.

Seriously, a project about documentation needs it documentation...I for
one would like the primer extended....maybe when I have time I'll help
write it =)

best regards,

Leo Simons

Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/documentation/content/xdocs live-sites.xml

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:

> nirwana can only be reached when you write documentation before you
> write your unit tests. Code, code is optional.

let this be clear: since people are inadequate at articulating the
use-cases in the first place, we will write an application that
generates use-cases, generates sourcecode to implement those use-cases,
with the accompagnying documentation, unit tests, et al.

let's just kill this entire industry! :-)

> Seriously, a project about documentation needs it documentation...I for
> one would like the primer extended....maybe when I have time I'll help
> write it =)

Both Bert and I have some ideas in that area - but maybe you as an
'end-user' (ahum) could help us already stating what is missing there

thanks, Leo

</Steven>