Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "yinglcs2@yahoo.com" <yi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/28 23:02:53 UTC

newbie: Using myfaces component

Hi,

I am new to JSF. I would like to know how/what
component if i want to develop a photo album like
application.
Basically, I am doing something like this:
* have a grid of images (a table of 3 X 3).
* have a 'next', 'previous' page button to move from
page to page.

Is there a similar example for that?
thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: newbie: Using myfaces component

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 4/28/06, yinglcs2@yahoo.com <yi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to JSF. I would like to know how/what
> component if i want to develop a photo album like
> application.
> Basically, I am doing something like this:
> * have a grid of images (a table of 3 X 3).
> * have a 'next', 'previous' page button to move from
> page to page.
>
> Is there a similar example for that?

Newspaper Table will do grid layout of components.
DataScroller will allow you to page through tabular data.
However, I don't know if DataScroller works with Newspaper Table at the moment.

Newspaper table really needs to be rewritten as a custom subclass of
t:dataTable, but I don't think this is currently the case.

It's probably easier to duplicate the behavior of DataScroller than to
reinvent Newspaper table.  (reinventing newspaper table will still
force you to duplicate dataScroller in any case).

However, both situations are fairly easy to duplicate in JSF.