Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> on 2006/04/14 15:28:50 UTC

[vote] Release Continuum 1.0.3

Hi,

I've fixed some issues since latest RC (memory leak, performance...)

Here is the latest RC. Please give it a try before voting.
http://www.codehaus.org/~evenisse/continuum/

Let's do another 72h round of voting.

+1/+0/-1

Here's my +1.

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.0.3

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
During continuum build? Do you have define MAVEN_OPTS env var? You need to assign at least 128M to
the build. Personally, I build Continuum on Win XP with 256M allowed.

Emmanuel

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
+1

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

We all have problems. How we deal with them is a measure of our worth.

  -- Unknown

Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.0.3

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
+1

I'm testing it for some days and the memory leak seems to be fixed.

thx

arnaud

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
+1

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

   -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks

Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.0.3

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Yes, it's fixed.

Emmanuel

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 14/04/06, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> agreed, let's make it 120h. That's not really a reason to vote
> negatively, however.

10-4. But it was just a little negative though ;)

Posted by Punkin Head <pu...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Adam Altemus

Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.0.3

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.
-0 from me.

Posted by Thomas Recloux <tr...@w3sys.net>.
Hi,

+1 for me.

Thanks for the speed improvements.

--
Thomas Recloux a.k.a Karmelitre
http://karmelitre.tartachuc.org

Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.0.3

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 20/04/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> My bug (641) is probably not a blocker, as it was only on improper
> shutdown and probably existed in 1.0.2.
>
> I haven't reproduced 660 - is it reliably reproduced?

Well it happens each time in my project.

> At this point, I would like to go ahead with the release as it is still
> significantly better than 1.0.2, and then worry about straightening out
> jpox (again) in 1.1.
>
> WDYT?

Well. I also agree that 1.0.3 is a significant improvement over 1.0.2
(which is practically not usable at all) and should be released. But I
also think that Continuum has few "flawed" releases left before no one
would try out the new bugfixes. So in the future (1.1) we should make
extra care of the quality before released.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.

That would be http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-660

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
+1

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com>.
Very late but +1 (happy user vote).
I don't understand 72h vote, today it's one week more (maybe french
holidays ;-))

- Olivier

Note : a small trouble with using a database directory coming from an
older 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT (this cause start failed and a full database to
rebuild ;-))
Trace says :
xception : Wrong precision for column CHANGEFILE.MODEL_ENCODING : was
255 (according to the JDBC dr
iver) but should be 256 (based on the MetaData definition).
org.jpox.store.exceptions.WrongPrecisionException: Wrong precision for
column CHANGEFILE.MODEL_ENCOD
ING : was 255 (according to the JDBC driver) but should be 256 (based on
the MetaData definition).

I've fixed some issues since latest RC (memory leak, performance...)

Here is the latest RC. Please give it a try before voting.
http://www.codehaus.org/~evenisse/continuum/

Let's do another 72h round of voting.

+1/+0/-1

Here's my +1.

Thanks,

Emmanuel

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destinés exclusivement à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées de ce message, sont interdites.