Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org> on 2004/03/13 15:22:02 UTC

Re: Support for HTTP Redirects? was: Re: https connection without http

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 15:53, Marcin Gil wrote:
> Chris Croome wrote:
> >
> > You will need to create a VirtualHost for each domain name, eg:
> >
> >   <VirtualHost *:80>
> >     ServerName one.example.com
> >     Redirect /repo https://one.example.com/repo
> >   </VirtualHost *:80>
> >
> >   <VirtualHost *:80>
> >     ServerName two.example.com
> >     Redirect /repo https://two.example.com/repo
> >   </VirtualHost *:80>
> >
> This is not a solution, since I have 100+ virtual hosts deployed on my
> server.

You could try some mod_rewrite voodoo (completely untested):

RewriteRule  ^/repo(/.*)? https://%{SERVER_NAME}/repo$1 [R=permanent]

Or something to that effect.

> I don't know -- can I put a <Location> inside <VirtualHost>, so that
> this locations is obeyed only at specified virtual host?

Sure.

Sander

Re: Support for HTTP Redirects? was: Re: https connection without http

Posted by Marcin Gil <mg...@vernet.pl>.
Sander Striker wrote:

>>I don't know -- can I put a <Location> inside <VirtualHost>, so that
>>this locations is obeyed only at specified virtual host?
>

> Sure.

And that solved my problem. I ain't apache guru -- didn't try that on my
production server until 100% sure. Now it works perfectly. No
redirections, no http access - pure https.

Thanks to all for support. Regards!
--
  Marcin Gil
    email#   mgil : vernet pl | GaduGadu ID# 185057