Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de> on 2008/03/31 11:21:04 UTC

@author tags (was Re: Trunk is now open for 2.8 stuff.)

Janne Jalkanen schrieb:

> That is my understanding, yes.  Perhaps our mentors can tell us more?

Not that I'm a mentor ... The ASF board's recommendation is to remove
individual authors tag but it's up to the PMC to make the decision (to
use author tags or not).

The following old mail puts it nicely why it should be done:
http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107788069123268&w=2

--
Christian

Re: @author tags (was Re: Trunk is now open for 2.8 stuff.)

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Christian Geisert wrote:
> Janne Jalkanen schrieb:
>>
>> That is my understanding, yes.  Perhaps our mentors can tell us more?
>
> Not that I'm a mentor ... The ASF board's recommendation is to remove
> individual authors tag but it's up to the PMC to make the decision (to
> use author tags or not).
>
> The following old mail puts it nicely why it should be done:
> http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107788069123268&w=2

I can't say I disagree with much of what is stated in that message, but
it doesn't really counter what I'd written. I do find it telling that
the person that Dirk-Willem is answering in that message happens to be
Conal Tuohy, a friend of mine who happens to share a very similar
technical background as myself (and is a co-developer on the TM4J Topic
Maps engine, as well as also a Topic Maps expert).

We both value and actively work with metadata.

But enough said. I'd prefer that the @author tags remain, but as I
wrote in my first message, I didn't think it worth arguing with the
ASF over this.

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record