Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by News Updates <ne...@codingwithintent.com> on 2005/04/07 23:57:30 UTC

problem with unpackWARs="false"

Hello list,

I have tomcat 5.5.7, and JDK/JRE 1.5 (update 2?) and would like to know
after hours of searching and trying if there is a simple way to get the
"storefront" webapp (from the O'reilly book programming jakarta struts)
to NOT extract the storefront.war file (but still run) in the webapp
directory under the tomcat home directory.  I have heard that all that
needs to change is the server.xml file in tomcat with unpackWARs="false"
?  Yet when I try to do this, do I need to set up a <context /> within
that <host></host> ?  obviously when I tried to set this to false I
could not get it to work and when I tried to dabble with the context
path and docbase I couldn't seem to find the right way to get this to
work either.  I have not changed the tomcat configuration besides what I
have below.  Also I know that I can run it normally when it wants to
extract the war file, so I know there is no problems there.  (hope this
makes sense to some of the more inclined people out there)

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="false"
       <!--<Context path="storefront" docBase="d:\storefront" debug="0"
reloadable="true" />-->
</Host>

Thank you,
-Otis