Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by 口 海 <cu...@hotmail.com> on 2012/09/14 12:59:58 UTC

Translating calc guide into german

Hi,

my name is heiko and i have a law degree and am a translator (English - German - French).

I would like to translate OpenOffice Calc guide into German, or at least help getting this done.

You can contact me (currently)  at:

cuteheiko@hotmail.com

or

h.strauss@hotmail.com

Thanks for your support and hope to hear something.

Heiko

Re: Translating calc guide into german

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
(forwarding to ooo-l10n, since it was meant to be sent here, and answering)

On 17/09/2012 heiko wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
> thank you for your Mail and your attention to my request.
>
> As far as i can see, only some chapters of the calc-guide are posted on
> the German Open-Office web-page (I am not talking about the online wiki,
> but about the pdf's / ooo-docs with the different chapters) (check ou
> this site: http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/DE/Documentation).
> The ones which were online are also all already some years old and do
> not refer to the current version.

Hi Heiko, at http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/DE/Documentation I see
mostly the links to ODFAuthors guides. These were mostly translated from
English, in ODT format, and then converted to the wiki. You can find the
German versions at http://www.odfauthors.org/openoffice.org/deutsch
(seems rather incomplete indeed, even if you register and login).

> Therefore my idea to help with the translation.
> I would like to translate the missing chapters / and / or the complete
> Calc-guide (current version 3.4 or higher)

For version 3.4 you will only find draft chapters, in English, available
at http://www.odfauthors.org/apache-openoffice (again, you may need to
register/login).

> I do not have a web site for that project (yet) to which I could upload
> my work - I would appreciate if somebody would help me with that (so
> that e.g. my translations could have a preliminary status and other user
> might want to add, change etc something).

This is exactly how ODFAuthors works. But note that OpenOffice is
currently in the process of deciding whether to join ODFAuthors or to
produce documentation independently. See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/User+Guides+Revisted and
recent messages on
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/ . If it
happens, we will probably have volunteers produce manuals in English for
OpenOffice 3.4.1/3.5 and then other volunteers translate them to other
languages. And here your help would be welcome too.

The discussion about how to produce documentation (through ODFAuthors or
through an independent documentation project) should converge in the
next couple of weeks.

> I would much appreciate if you continue to be somebody to which I could
> adress myself to concerning this issue !

Not me personally, but this list is definitely the source to follow.
Please do subscribe the list if you haven't already (empty e-mail
message to ooo-l10n-subscribe@incubator.apache.org
and reply to the confirmation request you will receive). Otherwise, you
are always welcome to write to ooo-l10n@incubator.apache.org for
translation inquiries, but please remember to specify that you are not
subscribed or you won't receive the answers other send.

Regards,
  Andrea.

Re: Translating calc guide into german

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 14/09/2012 12:59, heiko wrote:
> my name is heiko and i have a law degree and am a translator (English
> - German - French). I would like to translate OpenOffice Calc guide
> into German, or at least help getting this done.

Hi Heiko, welcome to the OpenOffice project!

The first step you should do is subscribing to this mailing list: just
send an empty e-mail message to ooo-l10n-subscribe@incubator.apache.org
and reply to the confirmation request you will receive. This will allow
you to directly follow translation-related discussions (you are
receiving this reply only because I'm CCing you explicitly).

What document would you like to translate exactly? Can you provide a
link if it is something available online? The online help available in
OpenOffice Calc should be fully translated into German already, but if
you have a link everything will be clearer.

Regards,
  Andrea.