Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ski n <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/08 09:53:10 UTC

CXF and Camel

Hi all,

I would like to develop a generic CXF/Camel application that interacts with
other webservices (microservices/application). So as result I would have:

“Spring boot application hosting a soap/rest CXF webservice (acting as
host/server) and also act as a client that interacts with external
webservices”.

The Spring boot application let users set up their own webservice
endpoints. The use case is as follows:

1)     Host/Server: When external applications are posting to the CXF
webservice endpoint in my Spring boot application the message needs to be
routed to some Camel endpoint (for example ActiveMQ)

2)     Client: When calling an external webservice my applicatione can
either be a consumer (GET/Soap Operation) or a producer (POST/Soap
operation).

Now CXF as Camel are both very extensive in possibilities as in
documentation. My question is:

1)     What would the best way to set up this and what is the best
resource/example to guide me?

Some other questions I have:

2)     How to create a bridge between CXF and Camel? When a message is
posted by some external client to the CXF webservice the message needs to
be routed to a Camel endpoint. Can I just use the CXF Camel component or
should I better use the CXF bean component or should this bridge between
the CXF webservice and Camel be build in Java code?

3)     When calling the external (soap/rest) webservice should I use the
CXF component from Camel as well or should I use other components like
HTTP(S)4, Netty, Jetty…?

By the way

On this page:

https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/components/camel-cxf-transport/src/main/docs/cxf-transport.adoc