Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2010/06/28 16:54:19 UTC

[users@httpd] APR or Apache, virtual hosts and multi-core tuning...

Hi All,

I noticed using Firefox with a plugin yslow that it recommends using only 4 virtual hosts instead of the 16 I have for serving images. I am using a 6 core system and want to make sure I take advantage of it using Apache APR so I setup more than 4 virtual hosts.

I am using multiple virtual hosts for serving images since I heard that can improve user response time where they have browsers with 4 or more concurrent connections supported. I have a screenshots page where I have 24 thumbnails being loaded into the browser and I am trying to tune APR for the best user response time.

So any best practice for this you all would recommend?

Thanks,
-Tony

Re: [users@httpd] APR or Apache, virtual hosts and multi-core tuning...

Posted by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Mark,

Many thanks I will think about what you said. I had read somewhere local domains tied to virtual hosts was a good thing and I saw that yahoo seemed to be doing that but then who knows what the big internet sites are really doing behind the scenes.

Best Regards,
Tony Anecito
Founder,
MyUniPortal