Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Andy Kriger <an...@verizon.net> on 2003/01/17 03:41:37 UTC

minimal required JARs

Torque comes with a lot of JAR files. Once I have generated my object model
classes from the database structure, what is the minimum JAR set I need to
deploy those classes? Shipping all 3.6M is not an option as I am aiming for
small portable code.

If it doesn't already exist, I'd like to put in a suggestion for a
deployable JAR (just those classfiles & properties necessary to support a
client with Torque-generated classes).

On a related note - are all the VM files in the torque.jar necessary once
you have generated your classes? A 3rd of that JAR size can be saved right
there if I can get rid of those.

thx
andy

Re: minimal required JARs

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
Andy Kriger wrote:

>Torque comes with a lot of JAR files. Once I have generated my object model
>classes from the database structure, what is the minimum JAR set I need to
>deploy those classes? Shipping all 3.6M is not an option as I am aiming for
>small portable code.
>
>If it doesn't already exist, I'd like to put in a suggestion for a
>deployable JAR (just those classfiles & properties necessary to support a
>client with Torque-generated classes).
>
>On a related note - are all the VM files in the torque.jar necessary once
>you have generated your classes? A 3rd of that JAR size can be saved right
>there if I can get rid of those.

splitting the runtime and generation stuff is on the todo list for 3.1

the easiest way would be to move the runtime environment to it's on
directory structure and have a standalone maven build for it ..

martin