Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bradley Beddoes <b....@iinet.net.au> on 2004/02/03 10:25:10 UTC

extenstions on actions within a webapp

Hi All.

I wish to have some global forwards invoked as .do others as .do2 (so as
to differentiate what filters get hit with the differing requests), Is
this possible within struts? (Please see struts.conf below)

At the moment I have been trialing it and have searched the web without
much luck on how to implement this properly.

It seems that after accessing an action (successfully through all steps)
with a .do2 extension that actions with a .do extension seem to
magically change to a .do2 extension which is playing havoc with my
design. Especially between the change_qa_password action(.do) and
change_expired_password / accept_it_facilities_rules  both do2 actions.

(All actions are multi step forms, all forms start off with their
correct extension it is only after submitting the first and subsequent
steps that the extension will change)

Any help would be appreciated if you can understand what I am trying to
achieve here, I realize this explanation is a touch convoluted but it's
a hard one to get across.

Cheers,
Bradley

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Struts Configuration 1.0//EN"

"http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd">
<struts-config>

  <global-forwards>
    <forward name="home"
path="qa_account_details.do"/>
    <forward name="qaAccountDetails"
path="qa_account_details.do"/>
    <forward name="changeQaPassword"
path="change_qa_password.do"/>
    <forward name="physicalAccessList"
path="physical_access_list.do"/>
    <forward name="accountList"
path="account_list.do"/>
    <forward name="accountDetails"
path="account_details.do"/>
    <forward name="retrieveRules"
path="it_facilities_rules.do"/>
    <forward name="expiredPassword"
path="change_expired_password.do2"/>
    <forward name="acceptRules"
path="accept_it_facilities_rules.do2"/>
    <forward name="logout"
path="logout.do"/>
  </global-forwards>

  <action-mappings>
    <action path="/qa_account_details"
            type="company.action.QaAccountDetailsAction"
            name="accountDetails"
            scope="request"
            validate="false">
    <forward name="qaAccountDetailsPage"
path="/accounts/access/index.jsp" />
    <action path="/change_qa_password"
            type="au.edu.qut.trs.action.ChangeAccountPasswordAction"
            name="changeAccountPassword"
            input="/accounts/access/change_password.jsp"
            validate="true"
            suffix=".do" >
      <forward name="changeAccountPasswordPage"
path="/accounts/access/change_password.jsp" />
    </action>
    <action path="/physical_access_list"
            type="company.action.PhysicalAccessListAction"
            name="physicalAccessList"
            scope="request"
            validate="false">
      <forward name="physicalAccessListPage"
path="/accounts/physical_access/index.jsp" />
    </action>
    <action path="/account_list"
            type="company.action.AccountListAction"
            name="accountList"
            scope="request"
            validate="false">
      <forward name="accountListPage"
path="/accounts/other/account_group/index.jsp" />
    </action>
    <action path="/account_details"
            type="company.action.AccountDetailsAction"
            name="accountDetails"
            scope="request"
            validate="false">
      <forward name="accountDetailsPage"
path="/accounts/other/account_group/details.jsp" />
    </action>
    </action>
    <action path="/it_facilities_rules"
            type="company.action.RetrieveRulesAction"
            name="retrieveRules"
            scope="request"
            validate="false">
      <forward name="showITRulesPage"
path="/accounts/it_rules/index.jsp" />
    </action>
    </action>
        <action path="/accept_it_facilities_rules"
            type="company.action.AcceptRulesAction"
            name="acceptRules"
            input="/unauthenticated/accept_rules/index.jsp"
            validate="true">
      <forward name="showAcceptITRulesPage"
path="/unauthenticated/accept_rules/index.jsp" />
    </action>
    <action path="/change_expired_password"
            type="company.action.ChangeExpiredPasswordAction"
            name="changeExpiredPassword"

input="/unauthenticated/expired_password/change_password.jsp"
            validate="true">
      <forward name="changeAccountPasswordPage"
path="/unauthenticated/expired_password/change_password.jsp" />
    </action>
    <action path="/logout"
            type="company.action.LogoutAction"/>
  </action-mappings>