Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/20 17:48:29 UTC

Re: which apr-util is really "desired" for the 2.2.X branch

Nod - about where APR is going - dev@apr..., "new threads!"

this was about what to use with httpd today. And you answered that, if I
understood correctly - package both httpd 2.2.X and httpd 2.4.X with
apr-1.4.6 and apr-util-1.4.1 - because these "exist" officially.

Many thanks!

Posted by Guenter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,
Am 20.09.2012 17:48, schrieb Michael Felt:
> this was about what to use with httpd today. And you answered that, if I
> understood correctly - package both httpd 2.2.X and httpd 2.4.X with
> apr-1.4.6 and apr-util-1.4.1 - because these "exist" officially.
yep - though with 2.2.x you dont have to care at all since it ships with
already with "desired" APR / APU (see below ./srclib); and even more
nice is you can just call configure with --with-included-apr to use them ;-)
for 2.4.x we did in the past provide httpd-2.4.x-deps tarballs which
contain APR / APU, see:
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/

Gün.

Re: which apr-util is really "desired" for the 2.2.X branch

Posted by Guenter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,