Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/18 09:11:39 UTC

[ANN] Apache Camel 1.1.0 Released!

I'm pleased to announce the new 1.1.0 release of Camel which is packed
with new features...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/camel-110-release.html

The full details are described in the release notes above but in
summary, we have much better improved bean integration
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/bean-integration.html

we've also got a lot more examples
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/examples.html

together with improved Spring support and a nice shiny new JAXB2 based
XML parsing with nicely generated XSD
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/spring.html

along with more Enterprise Integration Patterns supported
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

and more languages supported
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/languages-supported.html

and components
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/components.html

So take it for a ride today!

Many thanks to all those Camel Riders who helped get this release out
of the door!

--
James
-------

Re: [ANN] Apache Camel 1.1.0 Released!

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
That's not the way we version things in the ActiveMQ project.

1.1-SNAPSHOT correlates to a snapshot of the 1.1 branch of code.  that
branch of code has releases that look like 1.1.0, 1.1.1, .. 1.1.n

The upside to using this convention is that branch versions does not
need to get updated every time a bug fix release performed.

Regards,
Hiram

On 8/21/07, Nick Outram <ap...@nickoutram.name> wrote:

> Hiram Chirino wrote:
> >
> > That's normal.  we released 1.1.0.. that's a nightly SNAPSHOT has
> > stuff that will go into 1.1.1 or 1.2.0.  SNAPSHOT typically are newer
> > than the last stable release.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Hiram

> >> 1.1-SNAPSHOT seems to be newer than 1.1 release...
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hiram
> >
> > Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
> >

> But usually the versioning would be 1.1-SNAPSHOT: nightly builds working
> towards 1.1 release, 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT: nightly builds working towards 1.1.1
> release etc. so given you did a release of 1.1 on the 20'th I'd expect the
> snapshots to be versioned 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT or 1.2-SNAPSHOT from the 21'st
> onwards…

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: [ANN] Apache Camel 1.1.0 Released!