Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Brady Gaster <bg...@distributedobjex.com> on 2001/04/12 17:00:25 UTC

Installation Issues - need help!

I have followed the installation instructions contained in the distribution
to a "T." I have installed all the JavaMail and all the other required
libraries in the documentation, and put Xerces at the front of my classpath,
followed directly after XML4J as indicated. I have even added the context
node to my server.xml conf file in Tomcat as indicated in the installation
and confguration manual. All in all, i can't conceptualize what i've done
wrong to date, but when i click on the "List" icon in the SOAP index page, i
get the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/MessagingException
	at admin.list_4._jspService(list_4.java:62)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:500)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:448)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:78
8)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:701)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10I
nterceptor.java:143)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:424)
	at
a:497)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I need some help getting this package to work, as i can't determine what i'm
missing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also - are there any examples out there (in addition to the ones that come
with the package) that demonstrate sending SOAP requests to a specified
port? I'm a wiz at doing this in other development/distributed environments,
and i have a pretty keen grasp of how to implement SOAP in a distributed
environment, but it appears i'm having massive configuration problems.

Thanks in advance!

Brady Gaster
Senior Solutions Engineer
Distributed Objex, Inc.