Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Matt Hughes <mh...@uvic.ca> on 2005/07/19 19:02:05 UTC

Re: How to Override doPost() method of turbine servlet

Manvendra Baghel wrote:
> Hi friends
> I am working on turbine 2.3 based application
> Brihaspati e learning system .
> I have to implement xml rpc in my application
> I have 3 questions :::::
> (1) How to overide doPost() method of Turbine Servlet

Hi, you shouldn't need to override doPost(). Can you give more details
about what you need to do exactly?

> (2) How to disable all requests from
> "org.apache.turbine.services.xmlrpc.util.FileTransfer"
> get() send() and remove() methods

Are you trying to add an additional class? All that you need to do is
write a simple class and let the xmlrpc service know about it in the
TurbineResources.properties file:

services.XmlRpcService.handler.combobox =
com.company.app.util.XmlRpcCombobox

Java Introspection is used to find out what methods the class has.

If you want to disable the FileTransfer service, comment it out in you
TurbineResources.properties file.

> (3)FileTransfer methods get() /remove() work fine
>    with URL http://localhost:12345/
>   but connection is refused when m/c IP address is
> specified... ie http://123.54.65.7:12345/

Do you have lines like the following in your TurbineResources.properties
file? Try setting acceptClient to something less restrictive.

services.XmlRpcService.acceptClient = 127.0.0.1
services.XmlRpcService.denyClient =

becomes

services.XmlRpcService.acceptClient = 123.54.65.7
services.XmlRpcService.denyClient =

Hope that helps,
mch

--
 Matt Hughes
  + mhughe@uvic.ca

how to override the login page ?

Posted by Hari Krishnan <ha...@gmail.com>.
hello,
Iam using turbine with velocity connecting to a mysql database.
Is there any way where i can let a user connect to turbine/mysql
without asking him to login ? it should be like html pages, no login
at all, but the data should come from the database.

alternatively, can i provide a default user name and password to all
users, built into the program ?

in both cases, the user experience will be the same, he does not see
the login page at all.

thanks
Hari

Re: How to Override doPost() method of turbine servlet

Posted by Manvendra Baghel <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Matt,
Thanks for your reply
One of my problem is that Why send()
get() worked only when both client/server are same
machine ,why it didn,t work when Server is on other
machine.

localhost problem was resolved by uncommenting
 following line in Turbineresources.properties
If not specified it is loopback address 127.0.0.1

I changed it to my machines IP address
services.XmlRpcService.address=172.28.44.91

I have changed following lines also
services.XmlRpcService.acceptClient = 172.28.44.*
services.XmlRpcService.denyClient =

But still I am unable to execute get() send() when
server is on different m/c.The exception is

org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: XML-RPC call
failed: Connection refused

Thanks
MANAV