Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/05 19:05:41 UTC

MS related plugins refactoring

Hi,

I have just committed some modifications that enable to have some
dependencies between plugins.
I would like to apply this mechanism to parse-ms* related plugins that both
uses jakarta poi code.
The idea is: instead of duplicating jakarta poi related jar in each lib
directory of parse-ms* plugins,
I would like to :
* create a poi plugin that contains these jar files,
* and to specify that the parse-ms* plugins depends (requires) the poi
plugin.

What do you think about it?
What plugin name do you suggest for the poi plugin (simply poi, or something
like jakarta-poi or lib-poi ?)

Thanks for your suggestions and comments.

Regards

Jérôme

--
http://motrech.free.fr/
http://www.frutch.org/

Re: Nutch debugging log in Tomcat run time

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com>.
> The change doesn't reflect in the screen after I
> re-compile the Nutch code and re-launch the tomcat.

Do you re-deploy the web app?

--
http://motrech.free.fr/
http://www.frutch.org/

Nutch debugging log in Tomcat run time

Posted by Michael Ji <fj...@yahoo.com>.
Hi there,

Is there a way that I could see the debugging info for
a variable value in nutch java code while I run
tomcat?

I mean, I want to see variable value when I do text
search on Nutch after I launch tomcat.

For example, I see a log in my screen of
"
Sep 8, 2005 9:45:13 PM
org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean search
INFO: searching for 20 raw hits
"

But, I went to NutchBean.java, change log to
"
:
LOG.info("test searching for "+numHitsRaw+"raw hits");
:

The change doesn't reflect in the screen after I
re-compile the Nutch code and re-launch the tomcat.

I wonder if it is the right way to see a code variable
value in run-time.
"

thanks,

Michael Ji

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: MS related plugins refactoring

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
> Ok. So, after a long private mail exchange with Stefan (thanks for
> your time
> and help stefan), it seems that these modifications are ok.

No! Thanks to you for fixing the problem! :-D

Cheers,
Stefan

Re: MS related plugins refactoring

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com>.
> > I have just committed some modifications that enable to have some
> > dependencies between plugins.
> This mechanism already works, since a plugin use jar urls from all
> dependent plugins in its own class-loader.

Ok. So, after a long private mail exchange with Stefan (thanks for your time
and help stefan), it seems that these modifications are ok.
Here is the final status for this plugin dependencies problem:

********************
JC:

In the solution I have committed:
1. I uses the standard eclipse plugin.xml directives <requires><import
plugin="plugin-id"/></requires>, so that it is always "Eclipse compliant",
and it gives a way to specify the dependency using the plugin-id instead of
the plugin jar files.

SG:
This makes sense, and I'm quite sure that this was the way I had
implemented.
The first version of the plugin.xml parser was dom4j based later it was
portet to the normal xml api, so may this point was loose in until porting.
That's why there are still not used methods.
You definitely find the problem.

JC:

2. I provide a way to compile plugins with such dependencies.
3. It works !!!

SG:
Great! :)
***********************************

Here is a copy of my previous mail, if someone want to comment it:

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com>.

> >> You may should discuss such things before you 'committed' a new
> >> feature that already exists.
> I normally ready most of the nutch mails. What was the date and subject?
> I may overseen this one.

I don't know, it's Stefan's sentence, not mine, so, please ask to Stefan.

Regards

Jérôme

--
http://motrech.free.fr/
http://www.frutch.org/

Re: MS related plugins refactoring

Posted by support <su...@easysitesearch.com>.
Jérôme,

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com>.
> You may should discuss such things before you 'committed' a new
> feature that already exists.

Stefan,

I requested your help in a previous mail concerning this point.
But you don't respond...

Regards

Jérôme

Re: MS related plugins refactoring

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Jérôme,

?

This mechanism already works, since a plugin use jar urls from all
dependent plugins in its own class-loader.
I wondering what you changed when it already was working... :-/ or do
you fix a bug?
Please see the old mailing list archive there was a long discussion
about class-loading.