Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Kevin Burton <rk...@charter.net> on 2012/11/08 20:55:31 UTC

Executing a view

This command works very fast and is just what I want:

curl http://kevin-linux:5984/buyseasons/_design/product/_view/by-sku

No how do I get my driver (Hammock) to issue a similar command?

Sorry to post driver specific questions to this group but it doesn't seem
that there is a user group for this driver or any documentation.

Thank you.

Re: Executing a view

Posted by "matt j. sorenson" <ma...@sorensonbros.net>.
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Kevin Burton <rk...@charter.net>wrote:

> I have created a new view and I want to execute it. This view takes no
> parameters it returns every node that has a specific id. Since the id is
> not
> part of the document there is no LINQ query that I can execute. My case
> does
> not match the example so it is comparing apples to oranges.

How do you mean, "the id is not part of the document"..? And how did you
create the view?... perhaps paste your snippet to a gist and share it.
Again, I don't have an environment for this, but I gather that if you have
an instance of Hammock's Repository class and the name of the view, you
ought to be able to run Load, List, etc on it.

--
matt

Re: Executing a view

Posted by "matt j. sorenson" <ma...@sorensonbros.net>.

RE: Executing a view

Posted by Kevin Burton <rk...@charter.net>.
Thank you. I saw the github link but my question is not really an "issue". I

Re: Executing a view

Posted by "matt j. sorenson" <ma...@sorensonbros.net>.
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Kevin Burton <rk...@charter.net>wrote:

> For the driver selection. It was a decision based on a list of .NET drivers
> listed on the CouchDB web site. If you have a suggestion of a .NET driver
> that has a user group and full documentation I would happily accept your
> suggestion. I could not see that any of the .NET drivers had a user group
> or
> a URL for documentation.
>
> This is again a driver question as there is no way that I know to pass the
> URL to the driver and tell it to execute it.

Belay Software links to the project's home page here
http://code.google.com/p/relax-net/

and the "support" link for Hammock from their website brings one to the
issues form here http://code.google.com/p/relax-net/issues/entry

>From the first page, it appears that when you issue the query (in linq or
nhibernate syntax? not sure, don't use the platform) that it actually
generates the view and executes it and returns the results all in that one
swoop.

hth

RE: Executing a view

If there is no documentation and no user group and no support for this
driver, why are you using it?

As for your question: how do you tell your "driver" to issue an HTTP GET
request? Since you know the URL, that's all you need to do.

Re: Executing a view

Posted by Kevin Coombes <ke...@gmail.com>.