Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de> on 2003/12/01 10:45:02 UTC

Re: problem with ojbdoclet

I've found the cause of the problem. Basically, xdoclet tasks are similar
to the javac compiler in that they expect the directory structure to match
the package structure for their input files. So when you specified

<fileset dir="${model-dir}">
    <filename name="**/Dienst*.java"/>
</fileset>

the xdoclet ojb module expected the DienstStelle class to be in the
default package as model-dir pointed to the directory de/phca/model which
contains the java file. If you change model-dir to point to '.' then the
module should work. As a rule of thumb, if the javac compiler works with
the fileset, the an xdoclet task should also work with it.

Tom

Re: problem with ojbdoclet

Posted by Martin Kluge <Ma...@gmx.de>.
Hello Tom,

Thomas Dudziak schrieb um 10:45 am Montag den 01. Dezember 2003:

> I've found the cause of the problem. Basically, xdoclet tasks are
> similar to the javac compiler in that they expect the directory
> structure to match the package structure for their input files. So
> when you specified
>
> <fileset dir="${model-dir}">
>     <filename name="**/Dienst*.java"/>
> </fileset>
>
> the xdoclet ojb module expected the DienstStelle class to be in the
> default package as model-dir pointed to the directory de/phca/model
> which contains the java file. If you change model-dir to point to
> '.' then the module should work. As a rule of thumb, if the javac
> compiler works with the fileset, the an xdoclet task should also
> work with it.

Yes confirmed: that works! As far as I am concerned i'd vote for
inclusion of this information to the ojbdoclet-documentation.

Thank you very much for your effort to
analyse my files and point that out!

Sincerely
Martin Kluge