Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2001/11/01 18:50:48 UTC

Re: Multiple Layouts for Log-In, special sections, and then ofcourse the "default"...

On 11/1/01 12:36 PM, "Joe Terry" <jo...@knowself.com> wrote:

> Jason,
>
> I have the "newapp" application running and the "Login.vm" template and
> "Login.vm" layout are a part of that example. ... but ...
>
> How do I activate another layout for another template?
>
> Is it a pattern by name?

By directory structure and name.

> I have a screen in a subdirectory of the "screens" directory and I want it
> to have a different layout. Where do I specify this?

screens/
   chemistry/Index.vm
   physics/Index.vm

layouts/
   chemistry/Default.vm
   physics/Default.vm

The Default.vm layout template in the layouts/chemistry directory
will be used for the screens/chemistry/Index.vm page.

You get the pattern, this is documented.

For template matching it call all be done by structure your
directories of templates correctly.