Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com> on 2013/08/29 12:32:00 UTC

solr performance testing

Hello,

afaik http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/luceneutil/ is used for
testing Lucene performance. What about Solr? Is it also supported or there
are separate well known facility?

Thanks in advance

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
 <mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: solr performance testing

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
01.09.2013 21:32 пользователь "Kranti Parisa" <kr...@gmail.com>
написал:

> Mikhail,
>

> When you say benchmarking what are the key attributes that you are
looking at?

Hello Kranti,

Think about benchmarking different faceting algorithms. I don.t want to
bother with external requests and servlet and really like experiments plan
provided by lucene utils.

> Thanks & Regards,
> Kranti K Parisa
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/krantiparisa
>

> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Solrmeter can load the system up much more heavily than a few calls a
minute as I remember, although I'm not sure how up-to-date it is at this
point.

mkhludnev@griddynamics.com> wrote:

>>> Hello Kranti,
>>>
>>> Definitely not Solrmeter, last time I saw it, it provides few calls in
a minute rate. Hence it's an analytical/monitoring tool like NewRelic&
Sematext. I rather looking for low level benchmarking tool. I see lucene
has luceneutil/ and lucene/benchmark and I wonder which of them is easier
to adapt for testing Solr.

extensive stats for the Solr instances

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Have a look onto solrjmeter tool. It is using JMeter already and provides
command line friendly interface.

https://github.com/romanchyla/solrjmeter

Dmitry Kan
Mikhail,

Your best best would be loading up the system using Jmeter server+client
and firing 100s of queries per second. And to monitor you can enable JMX
and monitor using jconsole or you can also use the analytical/monitoring
tools. LoadUI.org has a free tool which can load the system up.

Posted by Kranti Parisa <kr...@gmail.com>.
Mikhail,

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.