Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Lopez, William" <wi...@eds.com> on 2004/05/13 16:32:05 UTC

VSS and Ant (slightly off topic)

 Hello List:

I came from a Java shop that used Ant and now work on a .Net account that
uses VSS (I use the term "use" loosely) - there is no way to revert to a
last clean build - one repository for dev, uat, prod. My question to those
that use VSS (I know a vss task exist) with Ant...is it worth while to
pursue constructing an Ant build with VSS for a .Net project?

>From what I've read thus far, excluding Ant, one has to be careful setting
up a project using VS.Net & VSS, especially if a web app is involved.

They're pretty anti-anything-nonmicrosoft here so I have a challenge in
proposing anything deviating from the MS house but my initial impression of
VSS is crap.

If anyone has any suggestions that may help me succeed in implementing an
Ant solution I'd appreciate it.

Sorry for the off-topic post but I figured this would be the best place to
start :-).

TIA,
-Will