Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/15 12:27:12 UTC

tomcat mvn plugin & jar/lib handling

Hi

hope that's the right list to speak about tomcat mvn plugin.

I'm currently developping a small lib using servlet 3.0 features to
create an embeddable gui. The idea is to add a jar in your webapp and
get additional "final" GUI features (i see it as a sub webapp).

The issue i get with tomcat(7) mvn plugin is the jars are not well
handled. Here is my case:
1) i have the plugin in a pom with packaging jar
2) my resources are in META-INF/resources/

The issues are:
1) ServletContainerInitializer of this module is ignored (it globally
adds a servlet)
2) jsp in META-INF/resources are not available (the module is ignored
in fact as a lib)

Note: in a normal tomcat all works as expected.

I wonder if the plugin could be enhanced to support such a case.

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Re: tomcat mvn plugin & jar/lib handling

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
I just added a link to this thread.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Looks to be an issue.
Can you please create an issue with an associated project sample?
Thanks

Olivier

On 15 September 2013 20:27, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> hope that's the right list to speak about tomcat mvn plugin.
>
> I'm currently developping a small lib using servlet 3.0 features to
> create an embeddable gui. The idea is to add a jar in your webapp and
> get additional "final" GUI features (i see it as a sub webapp).
>
> The issue i get with tomcat(7) mvn plugin is the jars are not well
> handled. Here is my case:
> 1) i have the plugin in a pom with packaging jar
> 2) my resources are in META-INF/resources/
>
> The issues are:
> 1) ServletContainerInitializer of this module is ignored (it globally
> adds a servlet)
> 2) jsp in META-INF/resources are not available (the module is ignored
> in fact as a lib)
>
> Note: in a normal tomcat all works as expected.
>
> I wonder if the plugin could be enhanced to support such a case.
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au