Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martijn Spronk <sp...@columbusgroup.com> on 2001/03/13 19:46:26 UTC

Passing on multi-select values from form to form

I have a form that submits from the form page to an interrim 'confirm/edit'
page it and from there goes to a save page. (Ofcourse it has a Form bean
attached
to it).

However, it seems I need to pass on the initial values useing html:hidden
tags
from the Form when selecting Edit on the confirm page (going back to the
Form page) .

First question, is that the right way to do it? If I don't do it,
the Form page tries to populate the form again and starts from scratch
populating the form even though the form already exists populated.

Second problem. If I DO use the html:hidden tags it seems I can't
pass on any multi-select values because the html:hidden tag only supports
Strings. I guess this is inevitable?

Martijn.

Martijn Spronk
spronk@columbusgroup.com