Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/20 10:16:35 UTC

why aren't we using the javadoc plugin?

Why are we using maven to run ant to generate javadoc rather than
using the maven javadoc plugin?

thanks
david jencks

Re: why aren't we using the javadoc plugin?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
The ant task was used to aggregate all the javadocs instead of having them
in
separate modules in the project.  Unless we can have the same net effect
let's
not change this.  If we can get the same consolidated output then let's go
ahead
and blow away the ant script.

Alex

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Well, hmmmm, David,

I think because we all get burnt with Maven in the last two years, and
we decided to stop adding plugin to our pom.xml, to avoid breaking the
build :)

But this may be the good timing to start adding new plugins to our
build system :
- javadoc generation
- sources jars generation
- checkstyle/PMD/whatever audtit tools

We just need people like you to handle this task ;)

Emmanuel

On 8/20/07, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why are we using maven to run ant to generate javadoc rather than
> using the maven javadoc plugin?
>
> thanks
> david jencks

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: why aren't we using the javadoc plugin?

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
Among other problems Maven javadoc plugin was not able to generate
"connected" javadocs for the whole project tree. However this javadoc itself
was capable of this, so we have been using ant. Maybe the situation is
different now and we can do it better.

--
Ersin Er

R.A. and Ph.D Student at the Dept. of Computer Eng. in Hacettepe University
http://www.cs.hacettepe.edu.tr

Committer and PMC Member of The Apache Directory Project
http://directory.apache.org