Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "J.D. Williams" <jd...@austin.rr.com> on 2007/08/04 03:01:09 UTC

Cocoon and multimedia

I would like to include some multimedia in some HTML created by Cocoon.
Specifically, I would like for visitors to be able to play an mp3.\

I included the XML transformed to produce the following in the result
HTML.

<object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b"
codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" height="26"
type="audio/mpeg" width="90">

<param name="src" value="foo.mp3" />
<param name="autoplay" value="false" />
<param name="controller" value="true" />
</object>

<object data="foo.mp3" height="26" type="audio/mpeg" width="90">
<param name="autoplay" value="false" />
<param name="controller" value="true" />
</object>

The player appears, and when you click the play button, the browser appears to respond, but never plays.

I included a matcher in the root sitemap, with the same result.

<map:match pattern="**.mp3">
  <map:read mime-type="audio/mpeg" src="mp3/{1}.mp3"/>
</map:match>

I noticed the site, www.nouvo.ch, among the live sites
(cocoon.apache.org/link/livesites-2.1.html) but of course I cannot see
their XML or sitemap to see how they do it.

Has anyone successfully done something like this, someone who would like to share a clue?