Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> on 2011/11/14 22:35:55 UTC

Updated plugin deps for Maven 3.0.4 ( was VOTE: Use aether )

True this didn't really belong on the vote thread.  My bad.  The question
was more related to the actual Maven 3.0.4 release than just using
Aether/Sisu.

Not all plugins get mentioned in your poms, for example the archetype
plugin, or the dependency plugin, they're versions (afaik) are specified in
the superpom.  Also, I believe there was a new wagon release awhile ago -
if we're doing a 3.0.4 release, should they also be updated - or shoud that
wait for a bigger release?

Mark

--
"Great artists are extremely selfish and arrogant things" — Steven Wilson,
Porcupine Tree

Re: Updated plugin deps for Maven 3.0.4 ( was VOTE: Use aether )

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2011/11/14 Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>:
> True this didn't really belong on the vote thread.  My bad.  The question
> was more related to the actual Maven 3.0.4 release than just using
> Aether/Sisu.
>
> Not all plugins get mentioned in your poms, for example the archetype
> plugin, or the dependency plugin, they're versions (afaik) are specified in
> the superpom.  Also, I believe there was a new wagon release awhile ago -
> if we're doing a 3.0.4 release, should they also be updated - or shoud that
> wait for a bigger release?

Sounds a good idea. We already did that in the past even for minor releases.
I have just created http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5200 to take
care of that.

--
Olivier Lamy